Walterry Insurance Brokers is the insurance specialist for your Nonprofit.
We understand a Not For Profit Association is exposed to many risks just by virtue of its existence.
We understand board members may be held personally responsible for decisions made during board meetings.
We understand that if the public is harmed during a fund raising event, or even the membership meetings, someone must pay.
We have even seen nonprofits fail after they lose their main revenue source, the annual convention.
The question becomes which of these exposures is your association willing to self insure and which exposures will the association pass on to an insurer.
- Directors & Officers (D&O) insurance will protect the Directors, Board Members, Officers and employees of an association if they are “personally” named in a suit for “wrongful acts”. Furthermore, a D&O policy will protect the entity (association) if it is named in a suit for “wrongful acts”.
- Professional Liability insurance will protect the Directors, Board Members, Officers and employees of an association if they are named in a suit for “wrongful acts” in the administration of an accreditation, standards setting or certification programs.
- Publishers Liability insurance will protect the Directors, Board Members, Officers and employees of an association if they are named in a suit for libelous material included within an association’s publications, including Internet Liability.
- Cyber Liability insurance – Data Breach Liability to protect the entity against a variety of both liability and property losses that may result when a business is hacked or experiences various electronic catastrophes. Major losses include loss of data, and claims arising from website content. In addition the policy covers the expenses including: notification costs, credit monitoring, costs to defend claims by state regulators, fines and penalties, and loss resulting from identity theft”.
- Non-Owned & Hired Automobile Liability will protect the entity and employees against suits involving bodily injury and property damage that are the result of an association member using a personal vehicle on behalf of the association or as the result of an association member hiring (renting) a vehicle on behalf of the association.
- Hired Auto Physical Damage will provide protection against claims for damages to a rented vehicle.
- Property Coverage will provide protection against damages to the insured property including while at, or in transit to, trade shows.
- Crime/Fiduciary Liability will protect the financial assets of an association, including Electronic Funds Transfers and Computer Fraud.
- Event Cancellation will provide protection for loss of revenues and expenses caused by the cancellation or curtailment of an insured event.
- Workers Compensation will provide protection to employees of an association.
- Travel Accident will provide expenses to association members for injuries that occur while traveling on behalf of the association.
- Foreign Entity protection will provide protection against claims made within the legal systems outside of the US. This policy can also include coverage for repatriation, and kidnap expenses.