Tips to Help Keep Your Family Safe as Colder Weather Approaches
As the warmth of summer fades, cooler, crisper autumn weather arrives. With that comes critical fall cleanup and winter prep activities you can do to help keep your family and home safe and secure.
To get ready for fall and winter weather:
- Call a certified chimney sweep to clean your chimney flue and repair any cracks or damage to your masonry fireplace.
- Ask a certified HVAC technician to inspect your furnace or heating system and thermostat and replace the filters.
- Ensure gutters and downspouts are clear and in good working condition so water can run freely from the roof and drain away from the house.
- Clean overgrown vegetation and trim dead branches from trees that are close to your home. Also give your lawn one last cut before cleaning and storing your lawn mower.
- Taking the time to complete these tasks now will help better prepare your home for the upcoming seasons.
Chubb always looks for ways to do more for you and your family.
Chubb is committed to helping protect your home and possessions, both proactively and following a covered loss. We offer complimentary referrals to best-in-class professionals in maintenance, loss mitigation, restoration, and more. With Chubb, you can always select your own service providers, or you can turn to us for a referral to a Preferred Service Provider who will deliver the highest standard of service.