Leadership. Protection. Endurance.
Delivering Security in a World of Risk
To endure and succeed in today’s increasingly global business, podcasters must continually keep pace with evolving technology, marketplace demands, competitors, and a changing legal landscape. Complicating the picture further is an expanding litany of media liability exposures ranging from defamation, invasion of privacy, and emotional distress to copyright infringement, trademark infringement, misappropriation, and advertising errors and omissions, any of which can result in a calamitous lawsuit from any number of sources.
Consider the financial impact on you if:
- A person featured in a podcast sued you for defamation and invasion of privacy.
- A person who was mentioned in a podcast claimed that it caused her to suffer emotional distress.
- A writer, alleging a podcast used his storyline, sued you for copyright infringement and misappropriation.
Even if you did nothing wrong, defense and settlement costs can escalate to hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of dollars.
The Worldwide Solution: Chubb’s MediaGuardSM
Chubb has content providers for approximately 40 years, so we’ve seen individuals and companies sued over their content related activities time and time again. We understand that in today’s constantly shifting legal landscape, the precise nature of media liability lawsuits can be difficult to predict. Unfortunately, one thing that can be predicted is the financial and reputational havoc such lawsuits can cause. In response, we created MediaGuardSM – a broad, flexible errors and omissions (E&O) liability insurance policy that specifically addresses the nature of these risks.
MediaGuardSM by Chubb
Errors and Omissions Liability Insurance for Podcasters
- Our “occurrence form” covers activities that occur during the policy period (regardless of when claim is first made).
- “All risk” coverage extends beyond specified “named perils” to include risks arising out of core functions of production, gathering and creating information and communicating it to the public.
- Built-in advertising coverage.
- Negligent publication coverage for any claim alleging harm to a person or entity that acted or failed to act in reliance upon the information published.
- Broad breach-of-contract carve backs for, among other things, alleged failure to attribute authorship or credit under any agreement to which the insured is a party and alleged misappropriation of ideas under implied contract.
- Punitive damages coverage, where insurable by law.
Chubb is the marketing name used to refer to subsidiaries of Chubb Limited providing insurance and related services. For a list of these subsidiaries, please visit our website at www.chubb.com. In the United States, insurance is provided by ACE American Insurance Company and its U.S. based Chubb underwriting company affiliates. Surplus lines insurance is sold only through licensed surplus lines producers. All products may not be available in all states. This communication contains product summaries only. This literature is descriptive only. Coverage is subject to the language of the policies as actually issued. Chubb Limited, the parent company of Chubb, is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CB) and is a component of the S&P 500 index.